Thursday, May 1, 2008

Maverick in Spokane Review (News Paper)

Last Monday there was an article on us naming our boy Maverick. The article said: "There was a new born named "Maverick" in the birth list the other day. OK that's fine, There have been pleanty of kids named Chyenne. But I'll know something is up when I see a baby named Sugarfoot. Of course the Old TV western, Maverick is a last name. So here is a scary thought. The parents in this case might have been going for the allusion to the 1986 Tom Cruise movie "Top Gun." Just think. Little Maverick's future siblings could be called Icemand, Goose, Viper, Wolfman, Slider, Jester, Hollywood and so on. Or Maybe if Maverick has a little sister someday, she could be named after the actress Kelly McGillis played in "Top Gun" - Charlie. "
I emailed the auther and he is going to be putting some of my e-mail in the paper again this Monday, of telling why we named our boy Maverick. SO I will type that article when it is printed. It's kind of fun to have this story for little Maverick's book, Spokane is such a big place I would never emagin that we'd be in the paper three weeks in a row! (First was listing Maverick's birth). Paul the Auther of the article could not believe how civil I was being - but I really don't care what people think because all of the names we have chaosen are old traditional names that have a lot of personal meaning to us. I also think that there are many names that are stranger than what we have chosen.

1 comment:

Marcel said...

Megan,
That's a cute name! I didn't know you were in Spokane, I knew in Washington, I guess I assumed Seattle. I lived in Spokane when I was 4-7 years old before we moved back to Utah. It's a nice place. I went to Woodridge elementary school. It sure sounds like you are keeping busy! That's awesome, I was barely walking normal by 2 weeks it seems.